Thursday, October 7, 2010

A New Beginning

I know this is probably bad to broadcast in the wide expanse of the Internet but as of 9am today I found myself without a job. I loved my job, I learned so much and helped a lot of people. It was a mutual decision on the part of my employer and myself and works best based on my schedule and their needs but at the same time, it leaves me reeling just a little bit.

I have worked at the same job for the last 2 1/2 years.  I have worked there since a month after we moved here, since a month after we got married.  In fact looking back, besides still having the same husband (somehow, I am lucky) the only thing in my life that hasn't changed drastically in the last 2 years is that I go to the same job everyday.

In one sense I am relieved, I needed a change. But, on the other hand, I don't do too well with change.  I am hopeful that I have learned a enough in the last 2 years that I can just glide through this without stumbling too hard. 

This all does add up to one more new adventure though.  All my life I have loved making cakes and this is presenting me with the perfect opportunity to actually start a business selling them.

Wish me luck!


Mrs. S

2 comments:

  1. Luck!! You'll do great; I can feel it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Change is always scary and VERY uncomfortable ... even when it is for the best.

    ReplyDelete