Monday, November 8, 2010

Distance

It is interesting that the only people I feel inclined to share any part of my life with right now are the ones who are going through really really crappy hard things. (aka similar situations to my own)

Why?

Because then I don't have to listen to their cheery little faces talk about their happy little bright shiny lives and tell me that everything will be better if I am patient and positive and blah blah blah.

I am not a naturally negative person, I have tons of faith, tons of gratitude and even in all of my crappy situations, can more often than not find a good side. Sure I could have more patience but I am human and I really handle hard things better than a lot of people would.

I didn't tell you that I am not working right now and that makes money tight, or I sprained my ankle badly and now I can't walk or do anything, or that I can't keep up with the amount of food that Little Brother consumes on a daily basis because I wanted you to feel bad for me or because I wanted your all knowing input on why the state of my soul is causing all of my problems.  I told you because you asked and you are my friend and I don't like to lie.

So if I seem a little distant, maybe just maybe I am sick and tired of the well meaning fixing.

(this is not in anyway a reflection on any comments I have recieved from this blog, I appreciate all of your insights, advice and comments. It is some of the responses I get from "real life" that I cant really handle.)

(on a lighter note: I was just telling Husband how interesting it is that the only things that has been stable around here lately is my mind (thank you Lithium!) and how ironic it is that after 2 1/2 years of fighting to get my brain stable, we finally start to get there and the rest of our life falls to pieces...that Man Upstairs certainly does have some sense of humor.)

1 comment:

  1. I commend you for your honesty and everything you take on. I can't say that I have a solution to any of your problems (and from reading your blog that's a good thing) because they are not my own, but I can say that I'm cheering you on and wishing you the best outcomes, genuinely.

    ReplyDelete